Did you know that as of May 2013 there were 6.2 million Australians that were using the internet?
Do you know how to use internet marketing for your business?
Interesting Statistics about local search marketing
|All the rest:||7.32%|
1. Australia’s internet audience reached 16.2 million in May 2012 – Nielsen Australian Online Landscape Review
2. Six in ten online Australians have used the internet while watching TV; more than one third do it on a daily basis – Nielsen, Australian Online Consumer Report
Mobile & Tablets
3. An estimated 18% (up from 8%) of Australian households now own at least one tablet device. Tablet devices are forecast to reach 39% of homes by 2013 – Nielsen, Australian Online Consumer Report
4. An estimated 48% of Australians aged 16+ years own a smartphone (35% in Q1 2011) – Nielsen Australian Multi-Screen Report
5. 24% of Australian smartphone users take their phones with them when shopping to research products, and 22% of them change their minds while in-store about a purchase after completing a mobile search – Our mobile planet: Australia – understanding the mobile consumer’ report
6. 71% of Australian internet users have read other consumers’ opinions and discussions about brands online and 59% watch online videos to help inform their purchase choices – Nielsen Australian Online Consumer Report 2011‐2012
7. The last thing 47% of the Australian consumers do before going to bed is check email; 27% check Facebook – ExactTarget Digital Down Under Report
8. Facebook users visit the site on average 16 times a week – ExactTarget Digital Down Under Report
9. Older generations prefer to purchase from Australian sites with those aged 50 to 64 years old making online purchases from retailers located onshore 71% of the time – MasterCard Online Shopper Survey
10. 44% of Australian shoppers said they would move on if a page takes more than 15 seconds to load – Roy Morgan Research
11. 15.6 billion display ad impressions were delivered online in Australia, reaching 15.1 million Internet users in January 2012 – comScore
Statistics from Digitalmarketinglab
Starting your online marketing Strategy
First of all, you need to setup a blog on your website and get blogs written about your business, you can hire someone and it won’t cost a lot. When getting a blog post written you need to use Search Engine Optimization keywords that will get your business on the first page of Google. For example, we are going to talk about SEO Perth keywords. If you have, let’s say, a marketing business in Perth. In order to be one of the first results after careful keyword research you would possibly want to target a keyword like Marketing Perth. Another great tip is to add your local business to online business directories that will also help you rank better in Australian searches, there are hundreds of them and you will want to keep records of each one and also update the content regularly:
Local search internet marketing is really important for your business, and if you are an old school marketer and only use print advertising and don’t know where to start with an online marketing plan, then give us a call for your SEO Perth requirements and we will get you started to getting more customers through your door.